The VCE Vision™ Plug-In for Oracle Enterprise Manager was developed for people who utilize Oracle Enterprise Manager as their primary data center management tool. This plug-in allows the VCE Vblock Systems to be managed as a converged infrastructure system through the Oracle Enterprise Manager interface.
This plug-in provides the following features/benefits:
- Monitor a Vblock system as a single entity versus discrete elements
- Provides Vblock system alert and health monitoring
- Supports compliance checking capabilities provided by Vision software
- Integrates with other third party plug-ins
The VCE Vision™ Plug-In for Oracle(R) Enterprise Manager has the following system requirements:
- 1GB of RAM above and beyond the OMA’s requirements
- 2.0 GHZ dual core CPU
- Note: It is strongly recommended that the VCE Vision Plug-in be installed on a separate OMA, rather than on a system containing both an OMA and an OMS.
Oracle Management Server (OMS) software requirements:
- The Oracle emcli utility must be installed and configured. For more information see Oracle Enterprise Manager documentation.
- The user that the VCE Vision™ Plug-In for Oracle(R) Enterprise Manager runs as must have an installation of Java 1.6+ JRE in the PATH and JAVA_HOME set as an environment variable.
This connector is available for download free of charge and is provided as-is. This offering is NOT included as part of the VCE Support experience, meaning that customers are not entitled to contact VCE Support for assistance on issues related to this connector. For customers that desire to purchase a production level support offering for the VCE Vision™ Plug-In for Oracle Enterprise Manager, please contact our partner Blue Medora at firstname.lastname@example.org. This offering is available directly from Blue Medora.
If you prefer to engage VCE Professional Services to install this connector, review the available service offerings and specific deliverables for the Oracle Enterprise Manager connector. Contact your local VCE representative for pricing and delivery availability. VCE Support is not provided with the VCE installation. Support is available from our partner Blue Medora listed above.
Customers, developers, and other users of this solution are also encouraged to submit questions and feedback below.