Cisco UCS Director abstracts hardware and software into programmable tasks that can be tailored to a customer’s specific business needs. The IT department uses these tasks to create workflows spanning hypervisor, computing, network, and storage components. This process relieves IT staff of the need to manually configure and manage these layers.
Cisco UCS Director acts as the orchestra conductor for IT operations. The software helps ensure that infrastructure layers are synchronized, optimized, and available on demand. Cisco UCS Director's benefits include:
- Radical streamlining of infrastructure provisioning and management from weeks to minutes
- Physical, virtual, and multivendor management from a single pane to accommodate heterogeneous data centers
- Increased IT agility, which allows IT to have a greater impact on the effectiveness of the business
With the introduction of support for VCE Vision Intelligent Operations, this release of Cisco UCS Director automates release certification compliance in the Vblock converged infrastructure environment and validates the health or operating status of the Vblock pod.
The VCE Vision Intelligent Operations software suite is used for managing a Vblock pod in a converged infrastructure environment to enable and simplify Vblock operations in the following ways:
- Identifies Vblock pod locations and their components.
- Reports on the health or operating status of the Vblock pod
- Verifies if the Vblock pod is compliant with the VCE release certification matrix.
Cisco UCS-D and Vblock Systems Solution Overview
Cisco UCS-D At a Glance
Cisco UCS Director Supports:
Vblock System 200 with EMC VNX Storage
Vblock System 300 with EMC VNX Storage
Vblock System 720 with EMC VMAX Storage
VCE Vision 2.5.3, 2.5.4, 2.6
Information about the system requirements for Cisco UCS Director, Release 5.1 is available in the installation and upgrade guides for the following:
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Hyper-V
Supported Browser Versions
- Cisco UCS Director supports the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8 or higher
- Google Chrome 4.1 or higher
- Firefox 3.5 or higher
- Safari 4.0 or higher (for Apple Mac or Microsoft Windows)
Browsers require the Adobe Flash Player plug-in version 11 or higher.
Cisco UCS Director is a 64-bit appliance that uses a standard virtual machine that is delivered in OVF format for VMware, and in VHD format for Microsoft Hyper-V. It can be hosted on VMware vSphere or vCenter and Microsoft Hyper-V Manager.
The following features are available in Cisco UCS Director, Release 5.1:
- Introduction of Guided Setup Wizards
- WhipTail/Invicta Account Related Changes
- Support for Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure
- Support for Resource Groups
- Tag Library
- Support for Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) Application Containers
- REST API Changes
- Support for VCE Vision Intelligent Operations
- Support for%
For all customers, partners, resellers, and distributors who hold valid Cisco service contracts, Cisco provides around-the-clock, award-winning technical support services, online and over the phone.