SAP enterprise applications help businesses and public organizations worldwide to run more efficiently and extract more value from information. At the same time, the many operational challenges posed by SAP deployments often drive IT departments to search for new and better SAP solutions in order to maximize the return on their SAP investment.
Chief among the challenges is "SAP sprawl", where a proliferation of SAP applications, instances, and data across dozens or hundreds of physical servers results in spiraling infrastructure costs, severe management difficulties, and lack of agility. The need to implement data backup and recovery systems and processes across this sprawling SAP landscape is another common pain point for IT shops.
SAP solutions from VCE help IT organizations meet these challenges and drive more business value from new or existing SAP deployments.
SAP Solutions from VCE: Virtualize Your SAP Landscape and Transform Your Business
VCE™ Vblock™ Systems are a family of converged infrastructure solutions that integrate Cisco compute and networking components, EMC storage systems, and VMware virtualization software. Pre-configured and pre-validated by the market leader in converged infrastructure, Vblock Systems provide the fastest and most reliable way to virtualize, modernize, and consolidate enterprise SAP landscapes.
By running SAP applications and data on a pre-assembled virtualized infrastructure stack from VCE, businesses gain SAP solutions for key challenges and operational objectives including:
- Time-to-value. Accelerate the launch of a new SAP deployment or the migration of an existing SAP landscape by using a pre-integrated, pre-tested infrastructure stack from trusted vendors.
- End-user productivity. Ensure uninterrupted application availability by running SAS on a highly virtualized IT platform that enables seamless workload failover and mobility.
- IT staff productivity. Dramatically simplify SAP platform maintenance and operations by using a fully converged infrastructure with unified management controls and unified support from VCE.
- Reduced TCO. Reduce total cost of SAP ownership by shrinking your hardware footprint and maximizing resource utilization, compared to SAP solutions based on non-virtualized legacy infrastructures.
SAP Solutions for SAP HANA Optimization, Business Continuity, Migration, and More
VCE offers a full range of SAP solutions based on Vblock Systems, including:
- A Vblock™ Specialized System for SAP HANA®, optimized for SAP HANA software and certified by SAP.
- Integrated virtualization, automation, and multi-tenancy functionality to support the development and delivery of cloud computing solutions for SAP.
- Integrated solutions for SAP data protection, featuring de-duplicated, disk-based data backup to minimize network bandwidth consumption and storage capacity requirements.
- Professional services support for SAP migration from HP-UX/Itanium and Solaris/SPARC environments to Vblock Systems.
- Web application development services and tools, to support developers and testers of SAP applications.
Learn more about how SAP and VCE Vblock Systems can transform your business.