VCE Technology Extensions provide an innovative way to expand Vblock® Systems and VxBlock™ Systems. VCE Technology Extensions let you quickly and flexibly increase processing power or add storage capacity without typical technology risks. Tightly integrated and fully tested and validated, VCE Technology Extensions bring the convenience and assurance of proven VCE engineering and support to expanded infrastructure.
VCE Technology Extensions are pre-tested and validated and are fully supported with VCE Release Certification Matrix (RCM) and VCE Vision™ Intelligent Operations management software. Count on seamless integration with your VCE converged infrastructure, enabling you to deploy quickly, simplify operations, and maintain architectural consistency.
OPTIMIZED TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
Create a ready pool of resources for compute and storage within your existing or new Vblock Systems and VxBlock Systems. These resources can be deployed as required and managed using the same tools to improve resource utilization and total cost of ownership.
FLEXIBLE SCALE WITH VCE VSCALE™ ARCHITECTURE
VCE Vscale Architecture addresses evolving business and application needs by providing a modular architecture that transforms the way enterprises build and connect their infrastructure. Not only can VCE Technology Extensions be added to VCE Systems for system expansion, but also VCE™ Fabric Technology Extensions can be leveraged as a shared pool of resources. Connect into the VCE™ Fabric, a scalable spin-leaf network fabric, for data center expansion.
VCE™ TECHNOLOGY EXTENSION FOR COMPUTE
The VCE™ Technology Extension for Cisco UCS® compute utilizes next-generation Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) technology to process compute-intensive applications—from powering specialized graphics to handling digital media transcoding and HIPAA privacy and security regulations. New compute form factors and an incremental deployment model provide better choices without increased management overhead for a superior TCO when paired with Vblock Systems and VxBlock Systems.
VCE™ TECHNOLOGY EXTENSIONS FOR STORAGE
- The VCE™ Technology Extension for EMC Unity delivers a midrange all-flash or hybrid-flash storage solution. Coupled with integrated SAN and NAS capabilities and advanced data management, EMC Unity simplifies operations and reduces cost and data center footprint.
- The VCE™ Technology Extension for EMC XtremIO® storage leverages an all-flash, scale-out design that grows according to your needs. Additional performance and capacity are added in a building-block approach to Vblock Systems and VxBlock Systems. Consolidate multiple tier-one workloads on a single platform to deliver predictable, consistent performance at submillisecond response time.
- The VCE™ Technology Extension for EMC VMAX All Flash VMAX provides scale-up scale-out flash or hybrid-flash storage to meet the demands of mission-critical workloads. Easily scale to more than 4 PB of usable storage at a fraction of the floor space with the VMAX high-density flash array. With rich data services like copy data management and cloud tiering, in addition to resiliency and availability with .5 millisecond response times, VMAX All Flash is the modern storage solution for the growing data center.
- The VCE™ Technology Extension for EMC VMAX3® with HYPERMAX–OS enables scale-up performance and scale-out storage for Vblock Systems and VxBlock Systems. Deploy hybrid flash or all flash to meet your applications’ needs, and provision resources to meet service-level objectives in a single click.
- The VCE™ Technology Extension for EMC VNX2® storage with MCx (multicore optimization) unleashes the power of hybrid flash to address the high-performance, low-latency requirements of virtualized applications, eliminating bottlenecks, and consolidating resources.
- The VCE™ Technology Extension for EMC Isilon® scale-out NAS is the ideal platform to efficiently store, manage, and protect unstructured data while supporting a wide range of applications and both traditional and next-generation workloads. Powered by the Isilon OneFS operating system, Isilon scale-out storage solutions provide significant value for large-scale enterprise IT data environments, and is the ideal storage platform for your data lake foundation.