Vulnerability Management includes the assessment, prioritization, and tracking of system vulnerabilities to minimize the number of potential attack vectors on VCE Vblock® Systems. Effective vulnerability management programs assess the entire system inclusive of applications, operating systems, hypervisor, network, compute, storage, and management infrastructure. Vendors commonly combine and integrate multiple technologies and reporting capabilities into their products to help reduce risk and manage compliance. Deployment options vary greatly among the solutions and may include a combination of virtual and non-virtual components.
VCE Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) Program extends the VCE security portfolio and offers a compatible partner-solution catalog via Vblock Ready certification. Partners here include:
- Catbird vSecurity Suite provides compliance reporting for PCI, HIPPA, and FISMA for the virtualized environment. Integrating three solutions in one (VMware vShield App, Sourcefire IPS, and Saint Vulnerability Scanning), vSecurity overlays orchestrated workflow and preconfigured templates with large numbers of technical controls. Catbird vSecurity captures and analyzes security and hypervisor events, automatically maps to various compliance frameworks, and automates the quarantine of assets upon compliance-policy violations.
- McAfee Vulnerability Manager is relied upon by thousands of organizations to quickly find and prioritize vulnerabilities, with deployments ranging from a few hundred nodes to one node continuously scanning more than four million IP addresses. If it has an IP address or is using your network, Vulnerability Manager can discover and assess it, automatically or on a schedule, revealing the compliance of all assets on your network.
- The QualysGuard Cloud Platform and integrated suite of solutions helps businesses simplify security operations and lower the cost of compliance by delivering critical security intelligence on demand and automating the full spectrum of auditing, compliance and protection for IT systems and web applications. Qualys has partnered with VCE to develop QualysGuard Private Cloud Platform delivered on a Vblock system to enable MSSPs, enterprises, and government agencies to deliver Qualys’ award-winning security and compliance solutions from your own datacenter, and retain full control of the all underlying security data.
- Rapid 7 Nexpose helps proactively fix or mitigate security threats such as vulnerabilities for both IPv4 and IPv6 environments, misconfigurations, and malware exposure before they can be exploited by attackers.
- Tenable Network Security is relied upon by more than 20,000 organizations, including the entire U.S. Department of Defense and many of the world’s largest companies and governments, to stay ahead of emerging vulnerabilities, threats and compliance-related risks. Its Nessus and SecurityCenter Continuous View solutions continue to set the standard for identifying vulnerabilities, preventing attacks and complying with a multitude of regulatory requirements.