VCE Demonstrates Advanced Data Center Capabilities at Cisco Live 2012
SAN DIEGO – June 11, 2012 – At Cisco Live, Cisco’s annual IT and communications conference this week, VCE and its customers are highlighting the advanced data center capabilities of fully integrated and virtualized VCE™ Vblock™ Systems to optimize applications and accelerate cloud computing.
Vblock systems integrate leading Cisco networking and server, EMC storage and VMware cloud infrastructure technologies into a single intelligent converged infrastructure system with seamless support. VCE’s extensive presence includes:
- A panel discussion of VCE customers discussing and highlighting their deployments of cloud services based on Vblock systems.
- Live, interactive data center workload failover and mobility demonstrations between several exhibits using Vblock systems integrated with EMC® VPLEX™ virtual storage for data mobility and Cisco Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV) technology, which extends networks across distributed data centers. This allows the resources of multiple Vblock systems, applications and data to be dynamically shared and shifted as business needs dictate.
- Demonstrations of Vblock system management with Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud to provide automated provisioning and management of data center resources for the delivery of cloud services. CSC is among the customers deploying this technology to provide an automation and management layer for their on-premise and off-premise cloud models. VCE currently has the ability to resell Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud and is collaborating with Cisco on Vblock System automation capabilities.
- Presentations and sessions on Vblock systems as secure, robust and efficient platforms for fast implementation of new projects using Cisco Unified Communications products and the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution to enable workers to be productive anywhere.
- The introduction of new features for the VCE Vblock FastPath Desktop Virtualization Platform, which enables automated, rapid virtual desktop and application deployment and management on Vblock systems using VMware View™. Attendees can see the full capabilities of this innovative solution that allows users to access their desktops from any device while IT organizations reduce costs and improve security through centralization of the desktop environment.
VCE technologists and experts will also be presenting on Vblock system-based capabilities throughout the event in a series of sessions at the VCE exhibit, in the Cisco Live Solutions Theater or online as part of Cisco Live Virtual.
Marivi Stuchinsky, IT AVP – Enterprise Infrastructure Services, Molina Healthcare
'Vblock Systems are the foundation of Molina Healthcare’s highly virtualized IT environment that supports 4.3 million Medicaid\Medicare members and 5,500 plus employees in 15 states. Our converged infrastructure provides us with maximum application performance, flexibility and lower operating costs. Since going live, the Vblock systems have simplified resource management and give us the ability to easily and quickly add new products and services for our clients.'
Todd Pavone, executive vice president, VCE
'VCE is redefining IT. We work closely with Cisco to integrate their latest technologies into Vblock systems to help our customers develop and deploy applications faster, improve utilization and lower operational costs. Customers around the world are realizing the value of Cisco innovation as part of VCE intelligent converged infrastructure systems in helping them transform their business and accelerate to the cloud.'
VCE, the Virtual Computing Environment Company formed by Cisco and EMC with investments from VMware and Intel, accelerates the adoption of converged infrastructure and cloud-based computing models that dramatically reduce the cost of IT while improving time to market for our customers. VCE, through the Vblock platform, delivers the industry's first completely integrated IT offering with end-to-end vendor accountability. VCE's prepackaged solutions are available through an extensive partner network, and cover horizontal applications, vertical industry offerings, and application development environments, allowing customers to focus on business innovation instead of integrating, validating and managing IT infrastructure.
VCE and Vblock are registered trademarks or trademarks of VCE Company LLC or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
EMC and VPLEX are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries.
VMware and VMware View are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
Cisco, Cisco UCS and Cisco Nexus are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.