VCE Positioned as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems
Leadership Position based on Gartner’s Evaluation of Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute
RICHARDSON, Texas – June 23, 2014 – VCE, the leader in converged infrastructure systems, today announced that Gartner, Inc. positioned VCE™ in the Leaders quadrant of the June 16, 2014 “Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems.” Gartner defines integrated systems as the combination of server, storage and network infrastructure, sold with management software that facilitates the provisioning and management of the combined unit. The full report can be downloaded from the VCE website http://www.vce.com/landing/gartner.
“VCE has led the market in demonstrating how Vblock converged infrastructures can help customers accelerate their journey to the cloud by enabling rapid deployment of on-premises and hybrid cloud environments,” said Praveen Akkiraju, CEO of VCE. “We are delighted with VCE’s position in the Leaders quadrant of Gartner’s first Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems as we view its introduction further validates the tremendous economics, agility and simplicity VCE converged infrastructure delivers to our customers.”
VCE Vblock Systems provide seamless integration of compute, storage, network and virtualization technologies with unified management and end-to-end support.
The past year for VCE has been filled with success:
- VCE surpassed its 2013 goal of $1 billion in annual sales and achieved a $1.8 billion annualized demand run rate for VCE products and services exiting Q4 2013, with growing demand for Vblock Systems at well over 50 percent year over year in Q1 2014 – the company’s fourth consecutive quarter of accelerated year-over-year growth.
- VCE is furthering its enablement of cloud deployments with plans to integrate Cisco’s Intercloud Fabric with Vblock Systems, which will provide an onramp to Cisco's Intercloud workload migration capabilities to enable customers to rapidly, seamlessly and securely manage their private, hybrid and public cloud environments.
- VCE retained the No. 1 market share position for integrated infrastructure systems for the second year in a row, according to Gartner.
- VCE released several new products including the Vblock System 340, new Vblock Specialized Systems and VCE Vision Intelligent Operations 2.5 software.
- VCE introduced the VCE Certified Professional Program, a comprehensive training program that delivers transformative converged infrastructure training to IT professionals across the entire data center.
- VCE expanded its partnering efforts through the Cloud Infrastructure Solutions Accelerator with Cisco and EMC as well as expanded relationships with VMware and Citrix for delivering virtual desktop solutions.
 Sales figure is based on 2013 VCE bookings.
 Demand run rate is an annualized calculation of orders received in the applicable period by VCE, VMware, EMC and Cisco for the sale of VCE Vblock products and related services.
 Gartner, Market Share Analysis: Data Center Hardware Integrated Systems, December 12, 2013
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.